From free rides to your vaccine appointment to free beer, the list of businesses in Pennsylvania offering incentives to employees and customers to get vaccinated is growing.
Last month, Krispy Kreme launched a yearlong promotion to give a free doughnut each day to anyone who shows proof they got vaccinated against COVID-19.
Pennsylvania had the fourth most new infections in the country last week, according to Johns Hopkins University, and freebies like this one could help get people interested in getting the COVID-19 vaccine.
Most people’s opinions around the vaccine won’t be swayed just because of a single giveaway. However, several freebies or bonuses might make them think again.
In addition to Krispy Kreme, myriad other companies are also attempting to get people excited about reaching herd immunity.
Below is a list of some of the current offers available to people who get the COVID-19 vaccine:
- Free rides to vaccine appointments. Both Lyft and Uber are providing free transportation to vaccination centers.
- Paid time off to get vaccinated. Aldi, Best Buy, Darden Restaurants (which owns Bahama Breeze, Longhorn Steakhouse, Olive Garden, and more) Dollar General, Krispy Kreme, McDonald’s (corporate and corporate-owned locations), Target, and Trader Joe’s are offering up to four hours of paid time off to get both doses of the vaccine. Amtrak is offering employees 2 hours of paid time off to get vaccinated.
- Bonuses for vaccinated Kroger employees. All hourly vaccinated employees of Kroger will get a one-time $100 bonus and an additional $100 store credit. Employees who opt out due to medical or religious reasons can also complete a health and safety course to receive the bonuses.
- Bonuses for vaccinated Marriott employees. Marriott International will give any employee who gets vaccinated a one-time bonus that equals four hours of their pay.
- Bonuses for vaccinated Petco employees. For each “partner” who gets vaccinated, Petco will pay a one-time $75 bonus and deposit $25 into its Petco Partner Assistance Fund, which provides assistance to employees experiencing financial hardship.
- Free lamination of your vaccination card. Staples will laminate your completed vaccination card through May 3 with coupon code 81450. Office Depot and OfficeMax will make a copy of your completed vaccination card and laminate it for free through July 25, 2021 with this coupon.
- Free beer. Starting on Monday, Samuel Adams will send $7 for beer to folks who post a photo of their vaccination badge or bandage on Instagram or Twitter. Participants must tag @samueladamsbeer and use the hashtag #ShotForSam, and then look for a DM from the brewer. Samuel Adams will send the money through CashApp, so participants must be ready to provide a CashApp username. The promotion is available for the first 10,000 people to enter by May 15. And there are no rules for how you spend the money. (You could even use it to buy Yuengling. We won’t tell.)
Do you know of any other businesses in Pennsylvania that are offering bonuses to vaccinated employees or freebies to customers? Tell us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll add them to the list after we verify it.