Every region has its own dialect, but in Western Pennsylvania, the language is a little more distinct. Let’s see if you’ve got the knowledge to navigate Pittsburgh without looking like a tourist.
What kind of food do you order as dippy?
- Ice cream
If someone says “n’at,” what are they trying to convey?
- I’d like a Nathan’s hot dog
- No kidding?
- Gotta go!
If someone calls you nebby, are they paying you a compliment?
- No; they’re calling me meddlesome
- Yes; they’re saying I’m a great cook
- Yes; they’re saying I’m well-dressed
- No; they’re calling me stubborn
What is a sweeper?
- A vacuum cleaner
- A broom
- A mop
- A truck
What is dahn?
- A direction
- An apology
- A fighting stance
- A dance